Deposits with Federal Bank are insured by the Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation subject to the following terms and conditions.
Type of Deposits covered:
DICGC protects all deposits such as savings, fixed, current, recurring, etc except the following types of deposits that are payable in India.
- Deposits of foreign Governments
- Deposits of Central/State Governments
- Inter-bank deposits
- Deposits of the State Land Development Banks with the State co-operative bank
- Any amount due on account of any deposit received outside India
- Any amount, which has been specifically exempted by the corporation with the previous approval of Reserve Bank of India.
Maximum deposit amount insured
Each depositor is insured up to a maximum of Rs.1,00,000 (Rupees One Lakh) for both principal and interest amount held by him in the same capacity and same right as on the date of liquidation/cancellation of bank's license or the date on which the scheme of amalgamation/merger/reconstruction comes into force. The deposits kept in different branches of the bank are aggregated for the purpose of insurance cover and a maximum amount up to Rupees one Lakh is paid.
Right to Set-Off
Banks have the right to set off their dues from the amount of deposits. The deposit insurance is available after netting of such dues.
For more details visit the website of Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (www.dicgc.org.in